There have been many studies intermittent fasting and on the powerful benefits for the body, as well as the brain. Intermittent fasting can be traced back to the time when humans were hunters and gathers. They would go long periods of time without food, primarily because they had no idea when their next meal was coming from. There was no… I’m hungry, lets order something to be delivered to the house!
What is intermittent fasting? Simply put intermittent fasting is an eating pattern that cycles through times of eating and times of fasting. This is a way to allow your body longer periods of time without eating which enables the body to be in a parasympathetic state (a state of rest, digestion and healing).
There are several changes that occur in the body when you fast.
• Human growth hormone levels increase which increases fat loss and muscle gain.
• Insulin sensitivity improved and levels decrease dramatically. The lower insulin makes stored fat more accessible.
• Fasting improves cellular repair as well as gene expression.
• Decrease insulin resistance.
• Decrease inflammation.
• Decrease bad cholesterol LDL.
• Prevents cancer. Braine health and anti-aging.
• The most common reasons for fasting is weight loss. When a person fasts it increases the release of a fat burning hormone called norepinephrine