Great Posture – Healthy Spine
One things we pride ourselves on here at Healthmax Chiropractic of Hudson from Day 1 we are analyzing and working on YOUR posture. Body mechanics play a huge role in how someone moves, feels and thinks. Body mechanics is a term used to describe the way we move as we go about our daily lives. It includes how we hold our bodies when we sit, stand, lift, carry, bend, and sleep. Poor body mechanics are often the cause of back problems, neck complaints, headaches, digestive issues and sleep disturbances to name a few.
When you think of good posture, you should not be imagining ram-rod straight military type posture. When you have good body mechanics and your ears are over shoulder, shoulder over hips, hips over ankles that’s good posture. One of our missions at the clinic is to create more awareness of where your body (and head) is in space, and how to prevent “little old lady” or “little old man” postures. Here we have some simple tricks to the trade.
• Standing in one position could be painful. It is important to change your position while standing to relieve stress and improve the circulation in your body.
• While standing, check how your posture is doing. Always ask yourself if you are standing correctly from time to time.
• The surface you are standing on should be firm and level.
• If long periods of standing could not be prevented, leaning on a wall helps in reducing fatigue.
• Make sure your buttocks are at the back of your seat.
• Allow a small space between your seat and the back of your knees.
• Keep your feet flat on the ground and your knees bent in a 90-degree angle.
• Lift your chest as you pull your shoulders back to the seat.
• Lift your chin to a leveled position while relaxing the mouth and jaw.
If you are having concerns about your posture, perhaps you just saw a picture of yourself and had no idea your head was so crooked or that you were so rounded forward. Maybe it’s not your posture you are worried about. Maybe its someone you love, your child, your spouse.. Give them the gift of HEALTH. Tell them we can help. Call the office today and Melissa will set you up with an initial visit to see if we can help!