Father’s and Golfers Elbow
In lieu of it being my Father’s birthday week, I have been thinking of the man who raised me a lot! I am sure many people would say they have the worlds best dad, but I Truly have the best one in the universe! One common condition that affects Fathers.. .is Golfers Elbow. I know my dad is a hard working constantly stressing out his hands and arm so this is true for my dad and most likely many of yours! HealthMax Chiropractic of Hudson prides ourselves on helping heal the whole body. Whether it is spine or an extremity like the elbow, we like to find the underline cause of the problem and fix it from there.
Here are some facts on Golfer’s elbow:
Golfer’s Elbow is a condition that causes pain where the tendons of your forearm muscles attach to the bony bump on the inside of your elbow. The pain might spread into your forearm and wrist.
• Pain and tenderness on inner side of your elbow
• Stiffness in elbow
• Weakness in hands and wrist
• Numbness or tingling- may radiate into one or more fingers
• Damage to the muscles and tendons that control your wrist and fingers.
• Repeated motion or excess stress
o Racket sports
o Throwing sports
o Weight training
• Age: 40 or older
• Performing repetitive activity at least two hours a day
How We Can Help
• Rest!!! Very difficult for most men… and women (lets be honest!)
• Ice the affected area
• Chiropractic care with muscle manual therapy
• Stretch and strengthen the affected area
• Reduce the load on your elbow tendons with Rock Tape
Let us know if we can help you or that favorite father in your life! Call the clinic today!