Bed-wetting and your child
We have had a number of children coming into the clinic and parents are concerned about their child bed wetting issues. First thing first, every child needs to be check by a chiropractor to ensure a healthy spine and nervous system. Just the other day I had a young boy who was very shy and told me he was having problems wetting the bed and he is 14 years old. I made sure that he knew I would get to the bottom of the problem and we would help him.
Bed-wetting is also known as nighttime incontinence or nocturnal enuresis. Generally, bed-wetting before age 7 isn’t a concern. At this age, your child may still be developing nighttime bladder control.
• Involuntary urination while asleep after the age at which staying dry at night con be reasonably expected.
• Being male
• Family history
• Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
• Structural problem in the urinary tract or nervous system.
• A small bladder
• Inability to recognize a full bladder
• A hormone imbalance
• Urinary tract infection
How We Can Help
• Chiropractic Care: if the spine is out of alignment, normal bodily functions will be affected. Typically the problem is the nervous system is under attack, and not functioning properly. As a chiropractor it is my job to find the misalignment and fix them! Relieving the nervous system is the way to function at 100%.