Are your Hormones CRAZY???
Hormones are essential chemicals that regulate and facilitate many of the body’s most necessary function. They serve as messengers, traveling through the bloodstream from one tissue to another. The most talked about hormones are estrogen and testosterone. We live in an estrogen DOMINANT society, meaning everyone has too much of it. This can lead to many problems for both men and women. What I have seen in my chiropractic career is the improvement on function of the nervous system, which then can help regulate the hormone balance. Many times however the combination of chiropractic care and nutrition are vital to helping someone balance out hormones.
Hormones are responsible for various functions of the body, such as:
• Circadian rhythm management
• Moods and emotions
• Healthy immunity
• Metabolism regulation
• Puberty, menopause, and andropause
• Reproductive health
When hormones become imbalance, patients can expect to experience things like:
• Excessive mood swings
• Unexpected weight loss or weight gain
• Disturbances in sleep patterns
• Unexplained hair loss or growth
Chiropractic care to balance hormones:
• Spinal Subluxation: When the spine is misaligned, it puts pressure on the nearby nerves. This pressure hinders the nerves’ ability to communicate with the rest of the body. When this happens, the brain doesn’t receive the messages it needs to in order to regulate the body. Once the spinal alignment has been restored, the nervous system will begin functioning properly again.
We do free workshops each month on how to nutritionally help get your hormones in check. Call the clinic if you want to learn more!